Sandoval Lake Lodge Full Day Tours: Located in the Tambopata National Reserve, our Sandoval Lake Lodge hostel is located on Lake Sandoval, considered one of the most beautiful in the Peruvian Amazon.
This privileged location allows you to visit the sandoval lake early in the morning or evening hours where wildlife is most active in the Amazon in the reserve sandoval lake. No other lodge in the Tambopata – Madidi is located on the banks of a lake as is the sandoval lake.
Sandoval Lake Lodge has single and double rooms all equipped with private bathrooms, hot water, fans, electricity, food and tranquility surrounded by living nature of the Amazon.
[tabs class=”yourcustomclass”] [tab title=”Summary Tours” active=”active”]
Sandoval Lake Lodge Full Day Tours:
Sandoval Lake: Its origin is due to strangulation of one of the meanders of the Madre de Dios River and is located on the right bank of this 8 km from the city of Puerto Maldonado.. To reach this lake you must navigate motor boat for 25 minutes following the current of the river, then walk along a trail progresses through the woods for an hour and about thirty minutes. On the way he enjoys watching a variety of plant species such as orchids, platanillos, ungurahuis and homiceas, into the lake Sandoval own islet full of grass there marshy areas where the tree aguaje grow. As for wildlife, there is an abundance of ducks, otters, alligators, wild chickens, tapirs, toucans, macaws, turtles water as the turtles. In this sandoval lake usually go fishing catching a variety of fish such as paiche measuring from 1 to 4 meters in length sandoval lake. There is a lake sandoval sector in which the temperature ranges between 20 ° C and 26 ° C, here visitors can enjoy a refreshing swim without running any danger in lake sandoval lodge.
Sandoval Lake lodge Full Day Tours :
- Duration: 1 Day sandoval
- Type of service: Private or Group sandoval lake;
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Department of Puerto Maldonado, Sandoval Lake Reserve, Tambopata Reserve;
- Activities: Sandoval Lake, night hikes, canoe tour, Clay Lick Tambopata Travel Palmeras, Sandoval Lake Lodge
- Altitude: 139-400 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: All year with trips to sandoval lake and sandoval lake lodge;
- Departure: Every day are trips to the Amazon;
- Minimum participants: 2;
- Maximum number of participants: 10;
- Price per person: $ 00.00 us
Service level: Basic
- 07:00 am: We will pick you up from yours hostel in our buss
- 07:15 am: We take our boat about 45 minutes
- 08:00 am: We register in the reserve sandoval lake
- 09:15 am: We will walk 5 kilometer about 2 hour – sandoval
- 11:15 am: We start to explorer in our conoe where you will see giant river otters, caiman ,turtle,birds ,monkeys ,macaws ,ect
- 12:45 am: Lunch typical food of the amazon the is name is juane
- 04:30 pm: We will back to river madre de dios after we waiting us our boat to return to puerto maldonado end our tours
Sandoval Lake Lodge Full Day Tours:
After breakfast, we get on the boat to sail for 10 minutes and then change for land transportation riding for two hours until the Capitania Port in Puerto Maldonado. There, we board a motorboat again and navigate down the Madre de Dios River watching animals such as turtles, caimans, lizards and others around its shores. After about half an hour, we get to a checkpoint of the Sandoval Lake Reserve.
We pass a check and start walking for 5 km to reach Sandoval Lake where we take a canoe bringing us to the Sandoval Lake , There, we accommodate ourselves and after lunch we return sailing the lake to see its typical inhabitants – giant river otters, black caimans, a prehistoric bird shansho, herons, cormorants, kingfisher, etc. For dinner, we return to the lodge to later get back to the lake again, this time to undertake an evening caiman observation because caimans are nocturnal animals in sandoval. Our professional naturalist Tour Guide shows and explains us about these animals.Afterwards, we get ready for a return way boarding a canoe again to sail over the Sandoval Lake followed by a walk to the checkpoint and from there sailing the Madre de Dios River by a motorboat towards Puerto Maldonado. We pick our baggage up in our office and then, we are transferred either to the airport or the coach terminal.
End of service.[/tab] [tab title=”Included Sandoval Lake Lodge”]
Included in the Sandoval Lake Lodge Full Day Tours:
- A professional naturalist Tour Guide Sandoval Lake Lodge;
- Motorboat transportation;
- Private vehicle land transportation;
- Entrance fee to the Sandoval Lake Reserve;
- A professional Cook for sandoval,
- Meals: 1x Breakfast, 1x Lunch, 1x Dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite;
- Radio communications for sandoval;
- Rubber boots for jungle trips.
Not included in the Sandoval Lake Lodge Full Day tours:
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Vaccination for jungle trips;
- Breakfast on the first day and Dinner ;
- Drinks for sandoval;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Sandoval Lake Lodge Full Day Tours:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport for jungle trips,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes for sandoval,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.
[/tab] [tab title=”Sandoval Lake Lodge”]
Sandoval Lake Lodge Full Day Tours :[wpbgallery id=3028]
Caimaneo in Sandoval Lake Lodge:
After lunch we take the boats, once again, in search of black caimans, which are now extremely rare in the Amazon, but still common in this protected lake. They grow up to 4m long, and its share of the fishing dispute with the Giant Otters. On clear nights we take our boat further out into the lake for a view of the vast southern sky, unobstructed, with its unfamiliar constellations and superb views Milky Way.
Contents Info Amazon Birds
- 1 Sandoval Lake Lodge Full Day Tours:
- 2 Sandoval Lake lodge Full Day Tours :
- 3 Sandoval Lake Lodge Full Day Tours:
- 4 Sandoval Lake Lodge Full Day Tours :